Wednesday 3 December 2014

Neo Nair Choppers: Edition I

  So here's introducing a brand new section to our repertoire here. This corner shall be called 'Neo Nair Choppers'(Chopper - Customized and/or hand built cruising bike). I first came across the phenomenon of choppers about 7 years ago, while watching 'The biker build off' that aired on the TLC channel. I was in love from the get go, each custom model was worth drooling an ocean over. 


What caught my attention the most was the sheer amount of customization that is possible on a chopper. Right from major parts such as fuel tanks to minute details such as foot rests. It appeared like a canvas which needed different tools altogether to create upon.

Out of the many ways that stood out in custom building a chopper, I was most intrigued by the 'concept or theme chopper' style. Here, you bike on a theme such as , say, an F16 fighter jet or Shelby Mustang and go about building a bike inspired from those elements.

I started out drawing sketches of these awesome creatures using my own imagination by picking a theme and going about designing a concept bike. It got tougher as staying or carrying pencil and paper everywhere was a hassle. Ergo, I started using the digital equivalent of the simple tools of pencil and paper, that is, MS Paint.
As it turns out, you can do some very interesting and cool stuff with that primitive old toolbox you've had since forever in your PC.

So here's my first edition of chopper designs for you to see. I hope you guys love them .There's about a 30 odd of these unholy beasts I've designed and are awaiting launch. So keep comin' back as I'll keep posting a lot more. 

I don't know about you folks, but I think there's something very Rock n Roll about choppers. Cheers!
(PS: Check the description below each design to know the inspiration for each bike..although some of them are just a motley of inspirations coming together)


 This is my take on a 'Bomber Chopper'. It had to have the meanest possible look ever..what says that better than a mean lookin' grinning tank and horns on the front mud-guard.

 Here's the 'Cobra Chopper'. Well, it is pretty self-explanatory as to why it is called so. Rattle skin prints on the rear chassis connecting to the wheels and the headlights. Place the 'surging ahead' shape just pulls it all together.
 
 This here is the 'Astronomy Chopper'. Like something you'd see inspired from stuff, color and shapes found inside the shop of a crystal ball gazer from the 70's. Check out them rims and blues, I've actually messed around with 3 kinds of blue shades to come up with the effect.

As all good kids of our times, I learnt the alphabet the right way, from A for ACDC to Z for ZZ Top. Here's a tribute to my first influence into the world of Rock music. Metallica Styled Back Fender with those spiked handlebars define this bike. St.James Hetfield, If you are reading this somehow (pffh..yeah right), 'tallica still rules the world \m/

In the words of the great Porky Pig, that's all folks..until the next edition with 4 more exciting new choppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment